Thursday, December 29, 2011

Will You Be My...?


The girlfriends that I want to be my bridesmaids are spread out across the country.  This really is too bad; oh, the fun we would have if we were all in the same vicinity!  Instead of just calling them up, I wanted to ask them to be in the wedding in a creative way.  I didn't know exactly how.  Then one night, during a random bout of insomnia, an idea crept up on me.  Sometimes those pointless hours awake aren't so pointless.

I put a box together for each of them which included a personal note telling them why I wanted them in the wedding (these girls are all so amazing and I wanted them to know how special they are to me), an Anthropologie mug (they have the cutest stuff), and then a banner of pictures glued to burlap and connected by twine which they had to pull out of the box by string. Here's the banner:







Adam had kindly taken the pictures for me when we were visiting the venue where we are to have our wedding.  It's called The Old Sugar Mill and it's gorgeous!

I figured my two flower girls wouldn't be that thrilled about getting pictures of me and a couple of mugs, so I planned something a little different for them.  I wrote the words "Bella & Gabbie, will you be my" on separate pieces of paper, rolled them up, and put them inside five pink balloons.  I put the numbers 1-5 in tiny writing on these balloons (so they'd have to look all over the balloon before finding it).  I then blew up a dozen or so more balloons and littered their living room floor.

I told them that I had a surprise for them, but to get the surprise they had to find the messages inside balloons 1-6 that were somewhere in the sea of pink.  They set to work immediately by throwing their bodies on the balloons as fast as they could.  It's was pretty hilarious.

When they figured out that balloon six wasn't in the crowd, I let them know that it simply wasn't in that room, but hidden elsewhere.  They dashed all over the house until they found number six sitting by two gorgeous cupcakes with the words "flower girls" strung between them on paper hearts.  They were so excited about the cupcakes they almost forgot to tell me that to be my flower girls would be the highest honor they would ever know in their lives.  At least, that's what I think they told me.








I had a lot of fun doing it, and thankfully, all the girls said yes. Yay!

1 comment: